The Operations-Critical SCADA Solution
Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems are continuously relied on to support the most demanding industrial applications and keep your operations running efficiently. Keep your assets connected to enhance productivity and safety across your operations with the ACE3600 Remote Terminal Unit (RTU).
The ACE3600 aims to make automation and monitoring of your complex processes robust and cohesive by connecting across a variety of communication media and data processing protocols. Enhanced security features also ensure your operations aren’t compromised and productivity doesn’t cease.
Modular design and abundant customization enables the ACE3600 to fit your specific SCADA needs. You can start small and grow, confident that the powerful processor can handle complex applications and keep your operations connected even as your needs or technologies evolve.
High-Performance, Real-Time Processing Power
The ACE3600’s processing power provides accurate data analysis and communication for the most critical, and demanding SCADA applications to ensure optimal operation with a 32-bit processor, running at 200 MHz.
The ACE3600 can also be redundantly configured with a simple Ethernet interconnection. This ensures continuous operation if one CPU or power supply were to fail.
Large Scale Capacity
24 different types of I/O modules are available, and each RTU has capacity to support up to 110 I/O modules, giving you flexibility to configure large or small sites compactly and cost-effectively.
Connection Versatility Across Operational Technologies
Connect to operational technologies seamlessly and transmit information efficiently with the ACE3600’s extensive common data protocol support combined with our enhanced MDLC protocol.
Interoperable Communication Capabilities
The ACE3600’s unique communication capabilities allow your system to transmit your valuable data over a variety of media including analog/digital two-way radio, dial-up modem, point-to-point microwave, 3G/4G public or private, and Ethernet – simultaneously.
Enhanced Security Feature Set
Apply the same state-of-the-art security features that Motorola provides for military and critical enterprise networks to your SCADA systems. The ACE3600 supports a full range of best-practice security options directly within the RTUs for a self-contained, autonomously secure system including:
- Security Enforcement Policy
- Built-In Firewall
- Access Control
- Role-Based Access Controls
- Intrusion Detection System
- Application Control Software
- Unused Port Deactivation
- Time-Window Commands
This gateway is a powerful and flexible option to facilitate network connections; it serves as a front-end processor to interface between your RTUs and SCADA control center computer(s). Based on the same expandable, modular, and secure hardware as the ACE3600 RTU, its enhanced software enables:
- Seamless connection between the Motorola Data Link Communication (MDLC) protocol and standard TCP/IP
- Instant access to all RTUs in the network, so the control center can collect real-time field data and manage remote sites
- Client/server architecture to efficiently distributee data among multiple clients, control centers and RTUs
- Redundant configurations for network stability
- Easy integration of the SCADA software using and API that works with virtually any master control center that uses an industry standard operating system
- Security features including MDLC encryption, IP firewall, and dynamic IP conversion table updates
Outline subject to change
We do not currently have any classes scheduled
Cost: $3400 per student
EOCP CEU credits available on completion of ACE3600 training. Please indicate at time of registration if you are interested. There will be a $12.00 charge added to the course. – Course #7490 – 2.4 CEUs
- Introductions and agenda
- Discuss H/W architecture and options
- Discuss Protocol and communications
- Installation and introduction to STS Programming software
- Resetting and connecting to an ACE RTU
- Introduction to CTH coding standards
- Hands on Lab #1, 2
- Hands on Lab #3, 4
- Hands on Lab #5, 6
- RTU to RTU networking and communications